Feta Cheese and Wine Pairing Platter
- ½ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ½ ib. large pitted Kalamata seasoned olives
- ½ lb. to 1 lb. Helena feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil, lightly drizzle over feta cheese
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 to 4 cups red seedless grapes
- ParmCrisps (recipe used Jalapeño)
- Paired with Dry Greek wines, Retina, pinot noir, ouzo, light reds, Beaujolais, and Gewurztraminer (recipe used pinot noir)
- *Optional: 1 large Jalapeño Chile, finely chopped for an extra hint of spiciness
- Serve red wine at 60° Fahrenheit and remove the cheese from the refrigerator 30-60 minutes prior to serving (it is recommended to serve the wine and cheese at proper temperatures, so their flavors can emerge).
- Serve with your favorite ParmCrisps flavor.
- Sprinkle ½ tsp of crumbled feta cheese, garlic, parsley, and jalapeno onto a ParmCrisps cracker.
- Bite in a Kalamata olive, seedless grape while sipping on some wine. Repeat and enjoy!
Cheese serving tips
Place only the amount of cheese you will consume on your cheese platter.
Keep remaining cheese wrapped and refrigerated until use.
Allowed cheese to sit out at room temperature before serving (flavor tends to develop and cheese warms).