(Serves 8 - 10)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp grape seed oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leafs
- 10 cups of vegetable broth or water
- 16 oz. green lentils
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- ParmCrisps (recipe used Basil Pesto Parmesan Crisps)
- In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook and stir until onion is tender. Stir in garlic, bay leaf, oregano, and basil; cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in broth or water and bring to a boil. Add lentils, lemon, turmeric, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat, and simmer for about 30 to 45 minutes (cook until lentils are tender).
- Serve hot and sprinkle with your favorite ParmCrisps flavor. Enjoy!