Roasted Tomato Soup
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 small red onion, chopped in four halves
- 1 ½ lbs. roma tomatoes, chopped in four halves
- 1 ½ cups water or broth (fat-free vegetable or chicken)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 sprigs oregano, remove stems
- 4 parsley leaves, remove stems
- 4 basil leaves, remove stems
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and whole
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- ParmCrisps (recipe used Basil Pesto Parmesan Crisps)
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2. Place tomatoes, onion, garlic, oregano, parsley, basil in a shallow baking dish.
- 3. Drizzle vegetables with olive oil and season with turmeric, salt and pepper.
- 4. Bake for 45-55 minutes.
- 5. Pour broth or water into food processor bowl or blender. Add roasted vegetables and blend until smooth or soup has desired consistency.
- 6. Place soup in a medium pot and allow to simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- 7. Garnish with fresh basil or parsley leaves, and top with ParmCrisps. Serve and enjoy!