(Makes 28 - 30 Bites)
- splash of raw agave (optional)
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp ground pepper
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/3-cup cilantro, chopped
- ½-cup scallions, chopped
- 2-cups of ParmCrisps crumbs, your choice of flavor (recipe used Original, Jalapeño and Sesame flavor)
- 1-4 to 5 lb. butternut squash, peeled, remove seeds, sliced into four pieces
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roast butternut squash for about an hour or until soft.
- Place a skillet pan on a medium heat. Add the olive oil, garlic and scallions. Sauté for 1-2 minutes or until the onion softens.
- In a large mixing bowl, add roasted butternut squash. Using a potato masher, mash the butternut squash thoroughly.
- Add sauté garlic and scallions. Stir in cilantro, cayenne, turmeric, pepper, and raw agave. Combine ingredients and mix well.
- Place ParmCrisps crumbs into a small mixing bowl. Using hands shape butternut squash into bites sized balls then roll into ParmCrisps crumbs.
- Place onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees in oven for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy immediately!